Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Waffles and Picasso

I'm tired so I might not right that much. I'll just sumarize the past few days.
On Sunday, we went to a couple of flea markets. The first one was huge, having everything from sunglasses to suitcases to antique razors. We spent more than an hour covering about half of it, and came out with nothing but some Turkish food (not my favorite...). We got too tired of pushing through crowds of people and seeming to be going in circles, since all the stalls looked the same. We headed to the other, smaller flea market. I had been craving waffles, so on the way we stopped and had yummy chocolate covered waffles with whipped cream, which were delicious but to much. This flea market was much smaller, and much less overwhelming. There were many of the same things as at the other flea market, but since it was smaller it was easier to find things. My mom got a bike, which she rode home on and beat us on the U-bahn. I really want a bike. On Tuesday (I forget what we did on Monday, probably nothing worth writing about), we went and looked at some temporary apartments. We haven't found a permanent one yet, so we'll stay in a temporary one till we do. Both apartments were nice, But on one too far away from our school. The one we will be staying in is really big, and has two rooms, plus a small one with a loft.
The next day we looked at another apartment, then went to a nearby cafe and had drinks. then we walked over to a museum, and looked at works by Matisse, Picasso, Klee and others. We then went to this really cool cafe and had drinks, before going to another museum, right across from the other. There we saw a huge Egyptian gate and a lot of surrealist paintings. There were cool things in the gift shop. We came home, had a really light dinner, hung out till nine, then went to the same cafe we went to earlier, had crepes, and my parents had cocktails. They were really busy so we had to wait awhile, but we had brought a deck of cards to play with. The crepe was really good, and we also got a Eierkuchen, which was a German crepe-like pancake wraped around a banana. It had chocolate sauce, vanilla sauce, and Turkish sesame sauce, which tasted like those Halvah bars. That was really good as well. We then came home a tried to fall asleep, but it's so hot that I found it quite difficult.
Today....I don't know what we'll do today. I'll try to get someone else to write about it. My mom needs to write a post, but she won't! I'll make her. I guess I did write a lot, maybe I'm not as tired as I think. But now I'm hungry, so have to go eat Frustuck (Breakfast).


No comments:

Post a Comment