Saturday, August 7, 2010

What There's Alot of in Berlin











  1. Döner Kebaps-There's at least 3 on every block.
  2. Playgrounds-with huge, scary slides and water pumps, there are three just on our block
  3. Currywurst stands- every from the U-Bahn to the lakeside
  4. Bakeries and Cafes-yum!!
  5. Flea markets and farmers markets-so much stuff!!
  6. People- German, Turkish, English, Muslim, Jewish, French, Russian...
  7. Graffiti- It covers every possible surface
  8. Beautiful Old Buildings-Wow!!
  9. Weird, random things-?????
  10. Bike Paths-we can ride all over the city. There are even special turning lanes for bikes.
  11. Lakes- Germany is full of them!!!
  12. Kleingarten colonies-read about them on my Gin+Gelato!
We're having really fun, but I miss u all in the U.S. You all have to come visit soon!!!

2 comments:

  1. I haven't found a flea market or a farmer's market in our area north of Munich yet. I miss them! I still have some stuff I bought in Berlin at the Flohmarkt 25 years ago and I really would love to buy some fresh produce at a Farmer's market. I'm sure I'll figure out where they are around here soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The farmer's markets are great, we get most of our food from our favorite one, Winterfeld Platz. The Flea markets are really good for finding bikes, if you don't have them yet. Everyone says they're stolen, but everywhere else they are very expensive. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete